Lamb Curry with Spinach Recipe from #TastyEasyLamb
Nothing beats the unique and delicious flavour of lamb. Whether it’s cooked with just a little seasoning or combined with exotic spices and flavours, lamb is the perfect hero ingredient for everyday meal occasions, whether you’re flying solo or cooking for family or friends.
Lamb is also a quick and simple meat to prepare which can be easily transformed for a variety of ethnic cuisines.
From Moroccan lamb tagines to spicy quesadillas from Mexico; Ceylon lamb curry from Sri Lanka to Japanese style lamb yakitori, and not least forgetting delicious lamb burgers and kebabs perfect for al fresco dining over the summer – there is something to suit all tastes and every meal occasion.
– 1kg lamb shoulder, neck fillet or leg, cut into 21⁄2cm cubes
– 2 tbs rapeseed or olive oil
– 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
– 21⁄2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
– 1 bay leaf
– 2 tsp garam masala
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1⁄2 tsp cardamom seeds, crushed
– Pinch ground cloves
– Pinch cayenne pepper
– 2 level tbsp flour
– 200g baby spinach leaves
– 125g natural yoghurt
– Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan, season the lamb and brown for 3-4 mins. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and spices to the same saucepan and cook for 2 mins. Sprinkle on the flour, stir for 1 min, then add 250ml water. Stir again, then return the meat to the pan with the bay leaf.
3. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 11⁄2 hours.
4. Remove from the heat and add the spinach. Stir until wilted. Add the yogurt and adjust the
5. Serve hot with basmati rice and a tomato salad.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Tasty, Easy, Fun Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.