Lamb Panzanella Recipe from #TastyEasyLamb
Nothing beats the unique and delicious flavour of lamb. Whether it’s cooked with just a little seasoning or combined with exotic spices and flavours, lamb is the perfect hero ingredient for everyday meal occasions, whether you’re flying solo or cooking for family or friends.
Lamb is also a quick and simple meat to prepare which can be easily transformed for a variety of ethnic cuisines.
From Moroccan lamb tagines to spicy quesadillas from Mexico; Ceylon lamb curry from Sri Lanka to Japanese style lamb yakitori, and not least forgetting delicious lamb burgers and kebabs perfect for al fresco dining over the summer – there is something to suit all tastes and every meal occasion.
This lamb panzanella recipe is a summery salad perfect for warm evenings and dining al fresco. Give your everyday meals an exciting twist and check out www.tastyeasylamb.ie for more recipe inspiration.
– 500g lamb fillet or leg steaks
– 3-4 tbsp pesto (or tapenade)
– 7-8 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
– salt and pepper
– 6 tomatoes
– ½ a cucumber
– 2 sticks of celery
– ½ red onion
– 100g baguette or ciabatta, preferably a little dry
– 2 tbsp capers and/or black olives
1. Take the meat out of the fridge.
2. Mix the pesto, 6 tbsp. of olive oil and the vinegar in a mixing bowl. Season to taste.
3. Halve the tomatoes horizontally, de-seed them and chop them into large pieces. Deseed
then dice the cucumber. Finely slice the celery and red onion. Cut the bread into small
4. Place all these ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the capers (and/or olives) and mix. Cover
and leave to rest.
5. Meanwhile, brush the lamb with a little olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and place in a hot frying pan. Grill or barbecue for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce the heat and continue to cook depending on your preference and the thickness of the cut. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 2 minutes. Slice the meat into strips and add it to the panzanella.
6. Eat straight away.
Tip: You can use leftover leg of lamb for this recipe. Simply cut it into strips and reheat in the frying pan.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Tasty, Easy, Fun Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.