Lean and Creamy Anglo Indian Beef Curry Recipe By My Nutrition Ireland
Lean and Creamy Anglo Indian Beef Curry Recipe, a really hearty and nutritious recipe, with all the great flavours and textures of a delicious curry, but with smart techniques to cut out all the extra fat that must curries will contain. Perfect as lunch or dinner, great for after workouts and long fitness sessions. Add plenty of your favourite vegetables to this recipe for a complete nutritional meal.
– 2 rib eyed steaks
– 1 onion finely, diced
– 1 red pepper, diced
– 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
– 2 Tbsp garlic, grated
– 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
– 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder or fresh chilli
– 1-2 Tbsp Garam masala powder
– 2 Tbsp tomato paste
– 1 cup coconut milk
– ½ cup vegetable stock
– Sea salt & black pepper to taste
– 2 tsp cooking oil
– 2 tbsp coriander & spring onions finely chopped
– Vegetables of your choice: sugar snaps, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, etc.
1. Heat up a deep-frying pan, add 1 tsp cooking oil, cook steaks with a sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper and curry powder, cook to your liking. Remove and set aside.
2. In the same pan, add 1 tsp of oil. Sauté onion, red pepper, ginger, garlic, chilli and curry powder for 2 minutes.
3. Add tomato paste and sauté for 2 more minutes.
4. Stir in vegetable stock and coconut milk. Allow the mixture to cook for 5-8 minutes.
5. When the sauce has reached your preferred consistency, Stir in the thinly sliced steaks.
6. Adjust seasoning and serve garnished with chopped coriander and spring onions. Enjoy!
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy, set up by Thomas Coleman and Jeeny Maltese in 2013. Understanding the importance of Health, how it impacts on people’s well-being & performance. Jeeny Maltese is a chef, passionate about Food & Health. A talented chef described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson”. Tom Coleman, a Nutritionist with a background in Science & Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science.