Mariscada Shellfish Stew Recipe from 777 Mexican Restaurant Dublin
We teamed up with Ireland’s only contemporary Mexican Restaurant 777, their culinary team combine bold flavours of Mexico City with international influences and techniques as the foundation of it’s Energetic, Margarita-fuelled Party Atmosphere.
Ingredients for the sauce :
- 50g tomato paste
- 1 sticks lemongrass
- 2 cloves
- 4 garlic heads
- Piece of ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 600ml of chicken stock
- 5g fennel seeds
- 3 tsp chipotle adobo sauce
- 1 lime leaf
- 60g smoke cod
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the dish :
- 100g Orzo pasta cooked per person
- 4 gambas per person
- Fresh mussels
- Fresh clams
- 60g Chorizo diced in small pieces
- 1 Carrot diced
- 2 Celery sticks diced
- Baby calamari, sliced
Make the sauce
- Saute garlic together with tomato paste, add chopped lemongrass, shredded ginger, chipotle adobo.
- When colour appears add chicken stock and all others spices, cloves, fennel seeds, nutmeg, cinnamon stick.
- Add the cod and lime leaf, cook until boiling then reduce heat and simmer for a further 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Season to taste then strain through sieve.
Finalising dish :
- Saute the onions for a couple of minutes till soften not burnt, add chorizo, cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add fresh clams, mussels and calamari leave on slow heat till cooked through.
- Then add sauce and cooked orzo
- Add cooked carrot, celery, leek.
- Grilled the prawn separately till fully cooked
- Plate then add prawns on the top
- Garnish with pesto, coriander, lime/lemon
By Chef Putu