Mini Prawn Skewers Recipe with Lemon Chilli Dip by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio
With the festive entertainment season in full swing, keep your guests happy with this Mini Prawn Skewers Recipe with Lemon Chilli Dip by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio.
These delightful prawn and chilli mini skewers are absolutely perfect as a canape to serve to guests over the festive season and taste even better when served with a lemon chilli dip!
Makes 12 mini skewers
– 24 raw prawns, deveined
– 2 lemons, halved and sliced thinly
– 1 tbsp butter
– 1 tbsp oil
– 1 red chilli, finely chopped
– 2 spring onions, finely sliced
– 3 tbsp. Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 1 lemon, juice and zest
– 100ml water
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– Lemon wedges, to serve
Wooden skewers – soak in water to prevent them burning
1. To prepare the dip, heat the butter and oil in a saucepan and add the red chilli, spring onion and sugar.
2. Sauté for about 3 minutes before adding the lemon juice and water and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave to cool.
4. To cook the prawn skewers, thread prawns and lemon slices onto the skewers.
5. Brush the skewers with oil.
6. Preheat a chargrill pan and grill until cooked on each side.
7. Arrange on a platter, drizzle a little of the dipping sauce over.
8. Serve with lemon wedges and the remaining dipping sauce (kept warm) in a bowl on the side.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.