Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Pavlova Recipe by Darina Coffey
Can’t decide between a creamy cheesecake and a cloud-like pavlova to make the most of your summer strawberries? Have your (cheese) cake and eat it with my crave-worthy hybrid – this mini strawberry cheesecake pavlova recipe is all you need for a summer dessert to please everyone.
– 250g caster sugar
– 4 egg whites
– 2 tsp cornflour
– 1 tsp white vinegar
– 240ml single cream
– 200g mascarpone cheese
– Seeds of 1 vanilla pod or 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 400g Irish strawberries
– 70g digestive biscuits, crushed
– 100g white chocolate, grated
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and separate four eggs, keeping the yolks for another recipe – lemon curd anyone?
2. To a stand mixer, add your egg whites and whisk on high until foamy and white – 2 minutes or so.
3. A tablespoon at a time, gradually add in your sugar, keeping the mixer on a medium high heat until stiff, glossy peaks form – if you can’t hold the bowl upside down over your head, keep whisking!
4. Fold the cornflour and vinegar into the meringue mix.
5. On to a lined baking sheet, scoop generous mounds of mix, leaving space for expansion between each.
6. Place into the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 150C – this helps crisp the outside of the pavlova. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and while cooling, whisk single cream to soft peaks and fold into mascarpone, adding in your vanilla once smooth.
8. Crush some digestive biscuits and grate white chocolate.
9. Top your cooled pavlovas with the cheesecake cream and fresh strawberries and crumble over digestive crumbs and sprinkle with white chocolate.
10. Serve immediately.
RECIPE BY DARINA COFFEY
Growing up with the name Darina, I was constantly asked if I could cook like my namesake. With that(and greed) as the ultimate motivator, I realised that baked goods make excellent bribes and an obsession was born! I am the only person to have contested both Masterchef and the Great Irish Bake off, fuelling my desire to focus on food in a serious way. Working with TheTaste allows me to satisfy this craving and marries my food fascination with my love of writing and ranting.
[su_button url=”https://twitter.com/darinacoffey” style=”flat” background=”#52A7EC” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter-square”]Darina Coffey[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://www.instagram.com/darinacoffey/” style=”flat” background=”#A78365″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: instagram”]Darina Coffey[/su_button]