Mississippi Mud Pie Recipe by Karyn Ryan
February is the month of love, and of chocolate. My daughter Amy’s Mississippi Mud Pie will definitely put a smile on your face.
– 140g Digestive Biscuits
– 85g chopped hazelnuts
– 1tbsp light brown sugar
– 1/2tsp cinnamon
– 85g melted butter
– 225g butter
– 175g chopped plain dark chocolate
– 125ml golden syrup
– 4 large eggs beaten
– 85g hazelnuts chopped
– Whipped cream
1. Preheat oven 180c/350f and lightly grease a 9” spring form tin
2. Put digestive biscuits, hazelnuts & sugar, cinnamon into a food processor until you have a nice crumb. Then, add the melted butter.
3. Press the mixture into base of tin and slightly up the sides about 1/2inches. Cover and put in fridge to chill.
4. Put butter and chocolate, golden syrup into a saucepan over a low heat and stir until melted. Cool and then beat in the eggs and hazelnuts.
5. Pour the filling into chilled case and bake in the oven for 30mins or until just set but still soft. Leave to cool on rack
6. Serve at room temp or leave in fridge for a couple of hours until completely set, whatever you prefer.
Serve with whipped cream.
Hi I’m Karyn. I’m a mum, blogger and lover of everything to do with baking. I try to come up with easy recipes that everyone can bake. I’ve won a few baking awards and even appeared on TV! I’m mostly found in my kitchen surrounded by flour and baking books. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in on some of my Baking Adventures.