Make sure you choose ripe melons for this light and zingy Muldoon & melon recipe, which makes a lovely light starter or palate cleanser showcasing the flavour of fine Irish whiskey.
– 1/4 of a watermelon
– 1/4 of a Galia melon
– 1/4 of a Honeydew melon
– 2 shots Muldoon whiskey
– 6 limequats (a cross between a lime and a kumquat)
1. Peel and deseed melons and cut them to size required.
2. Cut up Limequats and place in a saucepan. Pour over the Muldoon and cook on a medium heat until the fruit has softened. Allow to cool.
3. Bring the melons up to room temperature. To serve, place the limequats in the middle of a dish with the melon on top.
4. Add an extra splash of Muldoon to excite the taste buds.
Anchor Spirits is a Waterford based drinks company which produces multi award winning Muldoon Irish Whiskey Liqueur. Launched in 2014, it’s a toffee and hazelnut flavoured whiskey which holds three awards – a Gold Medal from the 2014 Irish Whiskey Awards for best whiskey liqueur, Bronze Blas na hEireann in the Dark Spirits category in 2015 and most recently this year the internationally recognised IWSC (international wines and spirit competition) Silver Medal.
Muldoon is a very versatile liqueur which can be enjoyed on its own or used to enhance numerous dishes, as demonstrated by Chef Jenny Flynn from Faithlegg House Hotel with a collection of delicious Muldoon inspired recipes.