Oats & Seeds Pancakes Recipe By The Baking Nutritionist. I am a firm believer that celebration meals can be at any time of the day. One of my favourite times being breakfast time, because I can celebrate with pancakes. For a celebratory breakfast, I made these delicious oats and seeds pancakes. The oats provide a nutty texture which contrast really well with the creamy cottage cheese I use to sandwich my pancakes together. To make this recipe dairy-free, use a dairy-free milk. To make the pancakes gluten-free, use a gluten-free flour blend from the supermarket and, if you can tolerate, certified gluten-free porridge oats.
– 1/4 cup self-raising flour
– 1/4 cup porridge oats
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp Chia, Apple & Cinnamon
– 1 tsp caster sugar (optional)
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– Approx. 200ml milk
1. Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, Chia, Apple & Cinnamon and caster sugar.
2. Make a well in the centre and crack in the egg and add the vanilla essence.
3. Using a wooden spoon gently and gradually add in the milk to make a smooth batter, adding more or less milk to get your desired consistency for think or thin pancakes.
4. Cook on a non-stick pan and serve with cottage cheese, carmelised apple, a scattering of sultanas and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Amy is a marketer, nutritionist, blogger, baker, cook and an ambassador for Health Bloggers Community in Ireland. Amy qualified from University College Dublin in 2016 with a BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition before following her creative passion and moving into the marketing team of Danone. This busy lady can most often be found drinking coffee, stalking dogs or photographing food for her blog. Amy is an avid believer of maintaining work-life balance and likes to wind down by attending yoga classes or going for long walks. Visit her blog here.