Oysters Recipe with Crispy Enoki Mushrooms from The Food DNA
It’s October! Perfect timing to shuck some oysters! This indulgent oysters recipe with rich umami flavours will leave you craving more…Trust me! This is proper food porn.
– 6 Oysters
– Pack Enoki mushrooms (150g)
– Butter (unsalted)
– White miso
– 2tbsp dried seaweed salad
– 1tsp mirin
– 1tsp rice Vinegar
– 1tsp Sesame Oil
– 1tsp Soy Sauce
– Tabasco (optional)
– Oyster knife
I usually make a bigger batch and then refrigerate it. I always use 2 parts butter (for example 4tbps) + 1 part miso (2tbsp).
1. Let butter soften at room temperature
2. Cream butter and miso together, squeeze juice of ½ or 1 lemon (depending how lemony you want it).
3. Mix and use as required.
Baked enoki mushrooms
1. Chop the roots off.
2. Add a little butter in the pan, fry mushrooms until golden.
3. Add 1-2 tsp of miso lemon butter, fry for another few mins until crispy.
1. Simply soak some dried seaweed salad in water for 15 mins to get 1/3 cup of mixed seaweed. Drain, place in a bowl.
2. Mix 1tsp of mirin, 1tsp rice vinegar, 1tsp roasted sesame oil, 1 tsp soy sauce, pinch of chilli (optional)
3. Pour over the dressing.
4. Shuck the oysters, add enoki mushrooms and seaweed. If you looking for more heat – add couple drops of tabasco. Enjoy!
With background in clinical nutrition and pharmaceutical sciences Jelena is a self-proclaimed foodie. She combines love and passion for cooking with unique skill of being able to create dishes that taste great and are of a high nutritional value, making sure you eat the best when you do.
Her kitchen is the food lab full of soul and passion where she happily spends hours experimenting. Her recipe collection is like a treasure chest that has something for each and every one.