Pan Fried Trout with Mussel and Fennel Vinaigrette Recipe from Marcel’s Restaurant
At Marcel’s, seasonal food is a priority. With the first sea trout of the season arriving in April, this Pan Fried Trout recipe is a perfect way to bring a touch of spring to your kitchen. The flavours of the sea are enhanced with a mussel and fennel vinaigrette. We recommend serving with buttered seasonal asparagus, or tenderstem broccoli, and new potatoes.
– 180g sea trout, filleted, pin-boned and de-scaled
– Handful clean mussels
– 50g fennel, diced
– 75ml good quality oilve oil
– 25ml lemon juice
– Pinch dill, chopped
1. Bring a non stick frying to a medium heat and add a little vegetable oil.
2. Season the trout and add to the pan skin side down you should hear a good sizzle.
3. After 3-4 minutes turn the fish and turn down the heat to very low, add the fennel and mussels and olive oil and cover with a lid.
4. The mussels will open and release their juice when they are cooked, finally add the dill and lemon juice to finish.
5. Serve the trout with some seasonal buttered asparagus and new potatoes.