Pan Seared Monkfish Recipe By Brasserie on The Corner
Pan seared monkfish recipe, with grilled asparagus, cauliflower, black pudding fritter, hazelnut & beurre noisette, by Brasserie on The Corner. A beautiful recipe for lunch or dinner, with an exquisite pan seared monkfish, served with creamy cauliflower puree, asparagus, crispy black pudding fritters, finished with a nutty hazelnut & dillisk brown butter.
– 4 x 200g Monkfish Fillets
– 12 Asparagus Spears
– 1 x head Cauliflower
– 100ml Cream
– 200g Butter (Sliced)
– 30g Hazelnuts (Crushed)
– 10g Dillisk
– 200 Black Pudding
– 200g Self Raising Flour
– 10ml White Wine Vinegar
– 100ml Sparkling Water
1. Boil cauliflower, then place in food processor with cream, seasoning and blitz until smooth. Keep warm until serving.
2. Sear the Monkfish in a pan, then move to the oven to finish cooking for 6-8 mins.
3. Blanch asparagus in boiling, salted water for 1 minute, then cool in iced water.
4. Place butter in a pan, heat gently and whisk as it melts keeping an eye on it that it doesn’t burn. Take off the heat to cool, then whisk in the hazelnut and dillisk.
5. Whisk together the flour, white wine vinegar, sparkling water and seasoning.
6. Dice the black pudding into 8 pieces, place in the batter and deep fry at 170c until golden brown.
7. In a hot griddle pan, char the asparagus and season.
1. Place warm cauliflower puree on a hot plate, then top with asparagus.
2. Sit the monkfish on top of the puree and place black pudding fritter alongside the fish.
3. Top with the hazelnut butter and enjoy with your favourite sides such as potatoes or vegetables.
Brasserie on the Corner is an award winning restaurant in the heart of Galway city, under the helm of General Manager Eimear Killian and head chef Dave Tompkins. Specialising in seafood and steak dishes, the city centre restaurant has just launched its new menu serving breakfast, lunch, pre-theatre, a la carte and a special Sunday lunch menu.
For further details visit : www.brasseriegalway.com