Pink Pancakes Recipe by Keelings
At the taste we love pancakes and on Pancake Tuesday most people will go for the traditional ones. Served warm, straight from the pan and sprinkled with caster sugar and plenty of fresh lemon juice, however this year we have a little twist from Keelings, we hope you enjoy these little pink ones.
125g self-raising flour
1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
1/2 cup (125ml) raspberry puree
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
40g butter for cooking
- Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the egg, buttermilk and raspberry puree and stir until well combined.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon 2 – 3 rounds of pancake batter into the pan (just less than 1/4 cup (60ml) each)
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface and pancakes are golden underneath.
- Turn and cook for further 1-2 minutes or until golden underneath.
Serve with extra Keelings raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar
Keelings is a 100% Irish-owned family business, focused on growing, sourcing, shipping, marketing, selling, distributing and supplying first in class produce. Its head office is located in FoodCentral, St. Margaret’s, Co. Dublin. Keelings started producing fruits and salads in the 1930s, supplying produce to local Dublin markets. Today, the state-of -the-art strawberry glasshouse on Keelings farm have the capacity to produce over 100 million Irish strawberries for the Irish market and to extend the season into December.
For more berry inspired recipes check out www.keelings.ie