Piri Piri Prawns Recipe By Chef Jeeny Maltese. A very quick and tasty recipe, ideal for lunch or a light dinner. There is a perfect ratio and balance of flavours in this recipe, if you prefer it hot and spicy, just add more chillies to the recipe. A great dish to serve as tapas for a night in with friends and share a few cocktails.
– 500g King Prawns, raw & peeled
– 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
– 4 garlic cloves, crushed
– 1-2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
– Sea salt & black pepper
– 1 tsp paprika
– Lime wedges to serve
– Toasted Sourdough Bread
– Green Leaf Salad
1. Mix the oil with the garlic, chilli, salt, pepper and paprika, then toss in the prawns. Marinate the prawns in the fridge for a few minutes.
2. TO BARBECUE or GRILL: Cook for just a few minutes on each side until they turn golden and caramelised on both sides.
3. Serve hot with your favourite salad, vegetables and carbohydrates.
Jeeny Maltese, a Latin-American born TV chef & food writer. Featuring as celebrity chef on the RTE “Today Show with Maura & Daithi” and Virgin Media “The Six O’Clock Show”. Keynote speaker and guest chef at top festivals & events nationwide. Passionate about good eating & good food, making it accessible for everyone, through her cooking methods and philosophy. Enamoured with Ireland’s stunning land, quality food produce & its passionate people.