Plant-Based Veggie Chilli Recipe from Alpro
This spicy veggie chilli recipe is packed with vegetables, beans and Alpro’s Go On Plain Big Pot soya alternative to yogurt, just what’s needed after a hard day’s work. This tasty dish takes 30 minutes to cook and serves 4 people.
– 800g tinned chopped tomatoes
– 2 onions
– 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 2 bell peppers, red and yellow
– 400g tinned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 tsp Garam Masala
– Chopped coriander
– 1 vegetable stock cube
– Juice of a lime
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 100ml water
– 175g Alpro Go On Plain Big Pot
– Pepper and salt
1. Firstly chop the onion and garlic and slice the bell pepper into thin slices, removing the seeds.
2. Now, drain and rinse the red kidney beans before heating up the olive oil in a heavy frying pan with a lid, and add the onions and garlic. Let them soften, while stirring occasionally.
3. Add the Garam Masala and the chopped coriander to the onions, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Then add the tomatoes, bell peppers, water and a crumbled vegetable stock cube and stir.
4. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Pour the red kidney beans into the pan and season with lime juice, pepper and salt.
5. Make sure to stir regularly so it does not stick to the pan. If it starts to thicken, add a dash of water. Serve the veggie chili with fresh coriander, a splash of lime juice, Alpro Go On Plain and naan or rice and enjoy!
Celebrate the power of plants, for our health and for the planet, on Plant Power Day, Wednesday, 7th March, 2018. Part of an initiative by Alpro to help us change the way we all eat forever, Plant Power Day is a day dedicated to putting plants first.
And now there’s a new way to celebrate all things plant-based, and discover a fresh way of eating in the process – the ‘planquet’ is about to take root!
For more delicious plant-based recipes and inspiration visit www.alpro.com.