Pork Chops Salad Recipe with Apple and Pecan from Bord Bia
The pecans and sliced mange tout add a nice crunch to this simple salad recipe. If you prefer you could use peaches or nectarines instead apples.
– 4 pork chops, trimmed
–1 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
–Salt and freshly ground black pepper
–A knob of butter
–2 eating apples, cored and each apple cut into 8 wedges
–A handful of pecans, split down the centre
–120g bag of salad leaves
–100g mange tout, thinly sliced lengthways
–1 tbsp sherry vinegar
–1 tsp wholegrain mustard
–2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Season the chops with a little salt and black pepper.
2. Add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Wipe out the pan with a piece of kitchen paper. Put the pan back on the heat and add a knob of butter over a medium heat.
4. Add the apple wedges to the pan and cook gently for a couple of minutes.
5. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl then add them to the pan to heat up. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
6. Divide the leaves and sliced mange tout between four plates.
7. Place a chop on top, add the apples and spoon over the dressing from the pan. Sprinkle over the pecan nuts and serve.
Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board, aims to bring the taste of Irish food to more tables world-wide. Their mission is to drive through market insight and, in partnership with industry, the commercial success of a world class Irish food, drink and horticulture industry.
For more information, www.bordbia.ie