With summer holidays in the rear-view mirror, back to school done and winter on the horizon you could be forgiven for staying in but we’ve got a great offer from Ely Wine Bar to help you through the autumn months. At Ely they follow the seasons and always select local produce when creating their menus and they’ve just signed off on their autumn dishes.
Enjoy cured West Cork salmon, smoked ham hock terrine or Toonsbridge halloumi to get you started. Follow that with fresh Irish cod, free range Irish chicken, roast cauliflower and salt baked cabbage or a 28 day dry-aged ribeye. Then choose between chocolate and hazelnut torte or burnt honey cheese cake. As always Ely make everything in house so you know you’re getting great Irish produce, beautifully cooked.
Another thing Ely does brilliantly is their wine list and they have paired this special offer with a delicious red from Les Vignerons d’Estezargues. The ‘Les Amies Chanteuses’ 2018 is a beautifully made Cotes-du-Rhone, medium bodied with bramble fruit, pepper & nutmeg. Smooth, spicy and warming.
The white they have selected is the organic ‘Xic’ Xarel-Lo 2017, by Agusti Torello Mata in the Penedes in Spain. Best known for making Cava, Xarel-lo (Char-El-lo) produces equally great still wines and the Xic has lemon, peach flavours and a lovely herbal freshness, it is bone dry, zingy and refreshing.
Two wines perfectly suited for enjoying this autumn and, better still, you can enjoy both by having a glass of each.
To celebrate the new look Ely Wine Bar TheTaste are delighted to offer our readers the chance to enjoy…
– 3 course dinner for 2 people
– A bottle of Red or White Wine or as Ely are the wines-by-the-glass experts feel free to enjoy both wines by having a glass of each, as, at Ely, they pour four glasses to the bottle.
Just some of the accolades Ely has received this year:
“Ely are playing at the top of not just the Irish table, but up with the global best” ~ Tomas Clancy, March 2019
“One of the most outstanding restaurant wine lists in the world” ~ Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence, July 2019
“Ely is Ireland’s finest wine bar” ~ Sunday Business Post, August 2019
– Please mention you have TheTaste Voucher when booking and voucher must be presented on arrival
– Booking is essential. If a particular date is unavailable then an alternative date will be offered
– This taste experience is valid from now until November 9th 2019
– Available Monday to Saturday from booking from 5-6.30pm with a 2 hour dining window, tables must be returned by 8.30pm
– Voucher valid only at Ely Wine Bar on 22 Ely Place
– This offer for dinner bookings only
– Wine credit of €30 can be put towards a different wine or cocktails of your choice
– Please note there is a supplement on ribeye of €8
ely wine bar
22 Ely Place,