After staying in the 4 star Ice House Hotel in Mayo we can personally recommend this as a pure luxury escape with food from a Top Chef. Your luxury escape package includes a 3 Course Meal each in the Hotel Restaurant. The restaurant sits perched on the banks of Ballina’s salmon estuary.
This is one of the most romantic culinary escapes in Ireland, as you dine overlooking the river you will enjoy fresh locally sourced seasonal vegetables, the finest meats and a team passionate about creating the very best dishes possible. Each morning you will awake to a delicious Breakfast and will be able to treat yourself with a €30 Spa Credit in the acclaimed Chill Spa.
This is a luxury escape will highly recommended, see our full review below.
The Ice House Hotel in Mayo is a surprising retreat, perched on the edge of the River Moy in Co. Mayo. Independently owned, this four star Mayo hotel is a refreshing distance from the generic trappings of chain hotels – where nothing is defined and anything you need will be catered for in a laid-back, warm and friendly fashion.
Lovingly restored from its historic status as a 19th Century “Ice Store”, the Ice House Luxury Hotel Ireland is a member of Ireland’s Blue Book of Irish Country Houses, Historic Hotels & Restaurants and enjoys the sort of unfussed, modern panache expected of a contemporary rustic retreat, two centuries later. As on of the very best Hotels in Mayo it boasts 32 luxurious bedrooms and suites, waterside hot tubs and outdoor sauna, the intimate Chill Spa, chic design and a standard of food celebrated by the Country’s leading critics.
Transparent modern glass structures marry the original 19th century building with our cool and contemporary additions. The two very distinct interior design styles are woven in to an eclectic mix. Together they form the perfect accent to the amazing views that stretch across the River Moy to the woodlands beyond.
Comfort features you can enjoy at Mayo’s 4 Star Ice House hotel
– Soft goose down duvets & pillows
– Luxuriously soft Foxford finest wool rugs and throws
– King size pillow-topped beds
– Gorgeous fluffy towels
– Separate bath and shower
– Flat Screen TVs
– Underfloor heating
– VOYA Organic Seaweed Lotions and Potions
“Based in the heart Ballina sitting on the river Moy, the Ice House has a nordic feel surrounded by the Beleek forest and is a mix of rustic meets modern, which can be seen throughout the Hotel…From Room to View and Food to Staff, it is an experience, we can’t wait to have again!”
If you like clean lines and a contemporary feel then the Deluxe rooms at this boutique Mayo hotel are for you. Step inside and you’ll be blown away by the breathtaking view through the floor to ceiling windows across the River Moy to the woodlands beyond. With modern furnishings, mood lighting and polished stone sinks, our Deluxe rooms are the perfect place to kick your shoes off and stay a while.
Ice House Hotel & Spa,
T:+353 (0) 96 23 500
– Valid from September 1st to December 19th in 2019 and Valid from Jan 6th to March 31st in 2020, your booking is subject to availability with a 5 room allocation per day
– Please note that this offer is not valid over the Christmas period
– Valid for check ins Sunday – Thursday only
– Voucher may be purchased as a gift
– Advance booking required by telephone with voucher code given
– 3 Course meal each on one evening of your choice
– Limited room allocation per day – Deluxe riverside rooms only
– Please make any spa reservations at the time of booking to ensure availability
– One Chill Spa credit (€15) per person, to be used on any 60 or 90 minute body or facial treatments
– Spa credit can not be used with any other promotions
– Vouchers are valid for Deluxe Riverview view rooms which accommodate 2 adults, children sharing with their parents will be charged accordingly
– Multiple vouchers may be purchased and but not used consecutively
– Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
– 24 hour cancellation notice required and valid on new bookings only
Blackout dates the following apply
24th October – 3rd November Mid Term Break
14th – 17th February Valentines weekend
13th – 15th March Patrick’s Weekend