Looking for a dining experience with a difference? Then step on board La Peniche, Dublin’s finest floating restaurant.
Moored on the scenic Grand Canal, this remodeled river barge cruises the canal from Mespil Road down towards Leeson street lock and then we head to Charlemont Luas Bridge and back to Mespil Road – with two cruises each evening, 6pm and 9pm.
Dine in style, enjoying great quality food in a unique setting, all the while learning more about the history of Guinness and about Dublin’s Grand Canal.
Undoubtedly one of Dublin’s most unique restaurants; La Peniche is perfect for an unforgettable meal with friends or family, and on a sunny day or evening it’s a special treat to dine up on deck.
In an exclusive offer to TheTaste readers, La Peniche is offering a 3 course dinner for two people with a complimentary canal cruise for just €48.
– Celeriac Soup
With crispy pancetta and black truffle oil
– Charlemont Bridge Smoky
Gratin of haddock, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, cheddar cheese & lemon zest
– Salmon Tartar
With smoked and fresh salmon, prawns, cucumber, lamb, lettuce, lemon & caper dressing
– Goat’s Cheese Tart
with rhubarb compote, walnut and honey dressing
– Charcuterie Platter
Smoked duck, saucisson, Serrano ham, duck pâté, gherkin and toasted bread
– Creamy Lemon Chicken
With mushrooms, tarragon, mash potato and winter vegetables
– Slow cooked Venison
in red wine with juniper berries, seasonal mushrooms and baby potatoes
– Roast Sea Trout
With green beans, baby potatoes, butter spinach & lemon butter sauce
– Crispy Duck Leg Confit
With glazed pineapple, cabbage, mash and thyme jus
– Hand rolled Canneloni
filled with spinach, aubergines and courgettes served with tomato and béchamel sauce oil
– Baileys Creme Brulee
– Classic Belgium Dark Chocolate Mousse
“We arrived for lunch and it immediately felt like going on a flash holiday. Two Kir Royals sparkled as lively as the canal’s quiet stream and set the tone for the afternoon. Blankets were handed just in case, but fortunately on this day they were not required. La Paniche’s menu felt like the type you’d find at a good bistro: concise but smartly chosen to cater to a variety of palates, and while they face the added challenge of very limited kitchen space, you wouldn’t notice it thanks to their skilled crew and a experienced chef that has captained the cooking team for a decade.”
Read the full review on TheTaste.
Mespil Road Jetty,
– Offer valid from now until the 31st of August
– Offer is valid Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday
– You must book your table in advance by calling the restaurant on 087 790 0077, or email email@example.com quoting your TheTaste voucher number
– Booking is subject to availability
– La Peniche cruises will run at 6:00 pm on Sundays and 7:00 pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays
– Cruise times are subject to change
– Your TheTaste Voucher must be printed and presented to the restaurant on the night
– Your voucher is for a 3 course dinner for 2 people with a complimentary canal cruise
– Offer based on a set menu
– Menu is subject to change and availability
– This offer cannot be combined with any other offer & the entire value must be used in one visit
– You must be over 18 to purchase this offer
– Restaurant must be notified of cancellation 48 hours in advance of reservation