Established by chef Derry Clarke and his wife Sallyanne over 28 years ago, l’Ecrivain restaurant on Baggot Street, Dublin 2 is still regarded as one of the country’s leading restaurants.
Over 28 years on, l’Ecrivain is going from strength to strength and recently received the accolade of ‘Best for Business Award 2017’ at the Food & Wine Awards 2017.
At l’Ecrivain seasonal Irish ingredients given full French gastronomic treatment, consistently delivering exciting cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences to both their loyal customers and first time diners, and all with personal service like no other.
Exclusively with TheTaste l’Ecrivain is offering you the chance to experience Michelin star magic this Septmeber with 3 courses from their Seasonal Dinner Menu with tea or coffee and petit fours for 2 people with a glass of Prosecco on arrival for only €90, normally priced at €180.
Foie Gras Terrine
Parfait, Apple, Raisin, Smoked Eel, Walnuts
Cucumber, Dill, Red Pepper Purée
Grapes, Chervil, Peach, Cucumber
Milk Curd, Olive, Basil Emulsion, Kilkeel Crab (G, C, MK)
Roast Stone Bass
Violet Artichoke, Fennel, Mussels, Sea Vegetables
Loin, Celeriac, Mushroom, Tarragon, Coffee
Roast Heritage Carrot
Black Garlic, Walnut, Sweetcorn
Sweetcorn, Cep Mushroom, Roasting Jus, Chard Leaves
Irish Farmhouse Cheese
Chutney, Crackers, Baguette
Dark Chocolate Tart
Pear, Cocoa Sorbet
Apple Sorbet, Blackberries, Apple Sponge, Purée
Tea/Coffee & Petits Fours
Dublin born Derry trained in the classical French tradition in the Man Friday in Kinsale. He came home to Dublin to continue his training under the direction of John Howard in Le Coq Hardi for four years. He then spent eight years as Head Chef in le Bon Appetit restaurant, where his aspirations were always to open a place of his own.
Derry and Sallyanne married in 1987 and opened l’Ecrivain Restaurant in July 1989. They have had several transformations and now l’Ecrivain stands on the site of two old Georgian Coach Houses/Mews in its own charming courtyard.
Over 27 years on, l’Ecrivain is going from strength to strength.
All the team at l’Ecrivain look forward to welcoming you.
109 Baggot Street Lower,
Dublin 2, D02 V580
– This voucher, valued at €180, can be redeemed towards the Seasonal Menu and Prosecco ONLY (1 glass of prosecco per person)
– Valid from Monday 2nd October – Thursday 16th November 2017 (Monday to Thursday) – vouchers MUST be redeemed within the validity dates.
– Advance Booking is essential to ensure you get your preferred date- It is advised to book on the day of purchase or at least two weeks in advance as there is limited availability.
– Reservations can be made via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure to provide your order number and your telephone number in the email)
– Telephone bookings will not be accepted with this offer.
– This voucher can be used on the dates above ONLY.
– This voucher is not redeemable on Fridays or Saturdays. The restaurant is closed on Sundays & Bank Holiday Mondays.
– Not available to be used at lunchtimes.
– A hard copy of the voucher is not required.
– One voucher redeemable for table of two people only – 2 vouchers may be used on request for table of four depending on availability.
– Voucher must be redeemed in full in one visit.
– Wine not included with this offer.
– A 12.5% gratuity will be added to full value of the voucher (€180) and any extras ordered on the night.
– Vouchers will not be valid or extended after their expiry date.