Raspberry Tart Recipe for Valentine’s Day by Keelings
This raspberry tart recipe is made with delicious Keelings raspberries, and a decadent filling made with mascarpone cheese and double cream.
What You Need:
600 g Keelings Raspberries
250 g mascarpone cheese
125 ml double cream
90 g icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla
- Roll out the pastry and place it in a round tart tin (10 inches). Press the pastry so that it is smooth and remove any excess pastry from the sides of the tin. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork.
- Allow the pastry to chill for about 20 minutes. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the pastry and pour in baking beans so that the tart tin is filled. Blind bake the pastry at 160 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the pastry out of the oven. Remove the baking paper with the baking beans. Place the pastry back in the oven and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is fully cooked through.
- When you remove the pastry from the oven, allow it to cool.
- Place the mascarpone cheese, double cream, icing sugar, and vanilla into a large bowl. Whisk these together with an electric whisk until the mixture is thick.
- Once the mixture has thickened, pour it into the cooled pastry. Ensure the mixture is evely spread.
- Decorate with sweet Keelings raspberries and add a sprinkling of icing sugar before serving.
Keelings is a 100% Irish-owned family business, focused on growing, sourcing, shipping, marketing, selling, distributing and supplying first in class produce. Its head office is located in FoodCentral, St. Margaret’s, Co. Dublin. Keelings started producing fruits and salads in the 1930s, supplying produce to local Dublin markets. Today, the state-of -the-art strawberry glasshouse on Keelings farm have the capacity to produce over 100 million Irish strawberries for the Irish market and to extend the season into December.
For more berry inspired recipes check out www.keelings.ie