Raw Salted Caramel Slices Recipe from Clean Eating Alice
If you have a sweet tooth this raw salted caramel slices recipe is for you. A healthy version of a caramel slice, who knew?!
– 200 g Medjool dates, pitted
– 200 g pecan nuts
– 60 g desiccated coconut
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1 tbsp date syrup
– Coconut oil, for greasing
1. Tip the dates into a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for around 10 minutes, then drain.
2. Put the pecan nuts, desiccated coconut, vanilla extract, sea salt and date syrup into a food processor.
3. Add the dates and blitz until smooth. Grease an 18 cm square baking tin with coconut oil and transfer the mixture into the tin, patting it down to flatten.
4. Place in the fridge for an hour to set, and then remove and slice into 9 squares.
To buy this book visit, www.amazon.co.uk