Rhubarb and Cardamom Jam Recipe Video from Siúcra
This quick, small batch Rhubarb and Cardamom Jam recipe from Siúcra makes the most of in-season rhubarb and has a delicate pink colour and a summery perfume. The exotic flavour of cardamom enhances the tangy sweet and sour taste of the rhubarb while the addition of Siúcra Sure Set Jam Sugar ensures perfect results in minutes. Enjoy spread on morning toast or slathered over scones for afternoon tea.
– 300g rhubarb
– 200g Siúcra Sure Set Jam Sugar
– 100ml water
– 5 cardamom pods
1. Chop the rhubarb roughly into 3cm pieces and place into a heavy based saucepan.
2. Grind the cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar until the seeds inside have ground and add to the rhubarb.
3. Then add the water and Siúcra Sure Set Jam Sugar.
4. Stir to mix all the ingredients together and place on a medium heat and bring to the boil.
5. Boil for 3-10 minutes. The jam should be neither too solid nor too runny.
6. Skim off any foam if necessary.
7. Pour into hot, thoroughly cleaned jars. Keep cool.