Roast Rack of Wicklow Lamb Recipe from The Bank on College Green #DubPubDishes
The quality of food available in Dublin pubs has increased dramatically over recent years. Some of the dishes provided in Dublin pubs are now amongst the highest calibre of food in the city. Over the coming weeks the Licensed Vintners Association (LVA) will be sharing some of these recipes from Dublin pubs highlighting a selection of the top quality dishes you can find in pubs throughout the city and county. #DubPubDishes
Serving size: 2+
– 500g rack of Wicklow Lamb
– Dijon mustard
– 100g breadcrumbs
– 50ml olive oil
– 25g mint leaves
– 25g rosemary
– 1kg Veal Bones
– 2 pigs feet
– 500g carrots
– 500g onion
– 500g celery
– 500g tomato purée
– 1l red wine
– 5l water
– Roast potatoes
– Purple sprouting broccoli
– Rainbow carrots
Instructions for 500g rack of Wicklow lamb cooked to medium temperature
1. Cook at 180 degrees for 15 mins.
2. Coat it in Dijon mustard and apply the herb crust. Allow to cook for a further 10 mins at 180 degrees.
3. Allow to rest for 5 mins. Slice and serve with roast potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli from Chris Keane’s Farm in Ballyboughal, roast rainbow carrots from Iona Farm in Garristown with homemade gravy and mint sauce.
Preparing the Herb Crust
1. Blend 100g breadcrumbs, 50ml olive oil, 25g mint leaves and 25t rosemary until fine. Then apply to mustard coated meat.
Preparing 1l of roast gravy
1. Roast veal bones for an hour and bring to the boil with the pigs feet, red wine and roughly chopped veg.
2. Allow 6 hours to simmer. Add water as needed.
3. Separate liquid and add tomato purée.
4. Allow to reduce by 2/3.
About The Bank on College Green
Here at The Bank on College Green, the unique Victorian heritage tradition of yesteryear is integrated with the social and political narrative of how the nation of Ireland has emerged over the past 120 years. We offer an innovative and distinctive food fare throughout the week with particular emphasis on a creative interpretation in what is best in contemporary Irish cuisine. Our goal is to serve a seasonally changing, farm-to-table menu while providing genuine, consistent and exceptional service in an up-scale yet relaxed atmosphere. We strive to source local produce.
For More Information: