Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower Soup with Coconut Cream by Soulful & Healthy
It’s a beautiful blend of spices like turmeric, cumin and paprika, grilled in the oven until nice and soft and those burnt bits are the ones that give it that extra smokiness! The coconut cream gives it such a smooth texture, so rich and creamy.
Prep Time: Servings:
15 mins to prepare – 45 mins to bake – Serves 6
1 head of cauliflower 1 tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic
1 medium onion
2 tbsp organic olive oil
160 ml organic coconut cream
800 ml organic vegetable stock
2 tsp chilli oil (optional – check recipe below how to make) Fresh chopped coriander leaves to serve.
Mixed seeds also to serve (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Chop the cauliflower into one inch by one inch florets, arrange on the tray along with onion and garlic cloves. Add all the spices and the olive oil and mix well.
- Grill in the oven for about 40 mins make sure it doesn’t burn so keep an eye on it, turn the cauliflower half way. Remove any over charred bits, even from the onion and garlic.
- Add all the ingredients along with half of the stock into a blender and blend smooth.
- Transfer to a large pot now add the coconut cream, mix well, bring to a simmer and remove from heat. Serve with crusty bread and drizzle chilli oil on top.
- For the chilli oil – use about 2 tbsp of any flavourless oil like sunflower or vegetable oil, add 4 to 5 dried red chillies and bring to boil, remove from heat and add about 1/2 cup more of the oil. Once cools down store in airtight jar, shake occasionally to disperse the chilli flavour.