Rosemary & Pecorino Grissini Recipe By Monika Coghlan
This beautiful Rosemary & Pecorino Grissini recipe from Monika Coghlan, are the perfect pencil-sized snack sticks of crisp, dry baked bread that can be enjoyed on its own or as dipping sticks to your favourite creamy dips, served with cured meats or with a fabulous cheese board.
Makes about 50.
– 500g plain flour
– 150ml warm water
– 150ml warm milk
– 7g dried yeast
– 5 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 4 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
– 75g pecorino cheese, finely grated
1. In a large bowl, mix together the water, milk, yeast and sugar.
2. Add the flour, olive oil and salt.
3. Combine using a fork. Knead the dough for 5 minutes until soft.
4. Place in a bowl, cover with a tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hour.
5. Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Sprinkle with the rosemary and pecorino.
6. Knead the dough until the ingredients are well distributed.
7. Roll it out again into a large rectangle, about 1/2 cm thick.
8. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 25 cm long strips.
9. Roll the strips into bread-stick shapes.
10. Place them on a baking tray previously sprinkled with flour.
11. Bake for 20 minutes (10 minutes on each side) at 170C until golden.
12. Place on a cooling rack to cool, and enjoy!
‘People eat with their eyes ﬁrst’ says Monika Coghlan- a Recipe Developer, Food Stylist & Photographer based in Cork. ‘Whether it’s consciously or subconsciously, we use all our senses to make a food selection, with sight being the most signiﬁcant. The more visually appealing a dish is, the more appetising it gets. That’s why food presentation is so important’ says Monika. Monika loves experimenting with food and discovering new ﬂavours. Her recipes are simple and based on fresh accessible ingredients and seasonal produce. She’s convinced cooking from scratch doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming. Monika strongly supports local Irish food businesses and has established relationships with many of them. Through her images, Monika combines her love for food with her passion for photography. Her photos are authentic and show food’s natural beauty.
For more info, updates on the upcoming events, seasonal recipes and mouthwatering pictures of food.