Salmon Tray Bake Recipe by Fearne Cotton
I love a tray bake recipe as you get to whack a whole host of foods and flavours together, which makes it quick to make and also extremely flavoursome.
Each ingredient seeps into the next, complementing each other and adding to the overall deliciousness. This is a very simple and easy recipe but will feed four hungry faces very well indeed. It is a good-looking, no-messing dish that is bursting with great protein and healthy veg!
– 650g new potatoes
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 16 asparagus spears
– 1 red onion, cut into wedges
– 250g cherry tomatoes
– 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 4 boneless salmon fillets, skin on
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F/Gas mark 6.
2. Put the potatoes and oil in a baking tray and toss to combine. Season well with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden.
3. Add the onion, tomatoes, rosemary and balsamic vinegar, combine, and bake for another 10 minutes.
4. Season the salmon fillets and add to the tray of vegetables together with the asparagus and cook for a final 10–12 minutes, until the salmon is just cooked.
5. Serve immediately.
Best known for her role as team captain on Celebrity Juice, Ferne Cotton continues to make us laugh onscreen or keeping us company on the radio. In COOK EAT LOVE, Fearne has created easy, healthy recipes that are fun to make and delicious to eat. As a veggie herself, she still cooks meat for her family so the recipes can cater for both and be packed with goodness either way. With recipes ranging from Roast Chicken Cashew and Chilli salad to Salted Caramel Chocolate Slice, there is a little something for everyone.
Cook Eat Love by Fearne Cotton is published by Orion in hardback and eBook. Photography by Tamin Jones, Liam Arthur.