Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies Recipe By Lily O’Brien’s
Using a combination of rich 70% dark chocolate along with our creamy salted caramels, we bring you the ultimate recipe for salted caramel brownies! It makes plenty, so will keep your cupboard well and truly stocked in fudgy goodies, perfect for when the you get the munchies!
- 250g unsalted butter
- 25g cocoa powder
- 110g 70% Dark Belgian Chocolate Share Bag, 110g (x1 bag) roughly chopped
- 240g Creamy Caramels with Sea Salt Share Bag, 120g (x2 bags) roughly chopped
- 250g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 150g plain flour, sifted
- 120g malted milk powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g salted pretzels
- Optional: Salted caramel sauce for serving
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease the base and sides of a rectangle tin, around 20cm x 30cm in size, then line with baking paper.
2. Place the butter, cocoa, 70% dark chocolate and half the creamy caramel chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure not to let the bowl touch the water. Stir the mixture until smooth, then set aside to cool.
3. Place the sugar, eggs, egg yolk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk together. Fold in the flour, milk powder, salt and baking powder, then fold in the cooled melted chocolate mixture and remaining 100g creamy caramel milk chocolate.
4. Spread the mixture into your prepared tin and arrange the pretzels on top. Bake for around 45 minutes or until set. Cool completely in the pan, then freeze for 30 minutes or until firm before serving.
6. Once cooled cut into brownie sizes of your choice and serve with a drizzle of salted caramel sauce for ultimate gooeyness!