Bunny Ears Cream Tart Recipe By Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio. Easter is all about treating yourself to some sweet goodies. Why not try your hand at whipping up Siúcra x Catherine Fulvio’s Bunny Ears Cream Tart?. The perfect after dinner centrepiece, this delectable dessert is sure to delight friends and family and provide a fun baking experience for the kids! Decorate with your favourite Easter treats for an added surprise.
(serves 6 to 8)
About 25cm in height
For the biscuit dough
– 360g plain flour
– 200g butter, diced (not too soft)
– 50g ground almonds
– 100g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 1 lemon, zest only
– 1 egg
– 50ml cold water
For the filling
– 250g mascarpone cheese
– 1 lemon, juice only
– 4 tbsp Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 100ml cream
– 60g melted white chocolate
– 1 bunny ears template made from light card (the total size should be between 20cm – 25cm)
– Siúcra Icing Sugar, to dust
– Organic flowers or edible flowers
– Mini Easter eggs
– Raspberries (optional)
– Colourful mini meringues
– Siúcra Roll Out Icing daisies
To make the biscuit bunny ears
1. Place the flour into the bowl on a food processor. Add the diced butter and pulse to form fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and pour in the ground almonds, stir in the Siúcra Caster Sugar and lemon zest.
2. Add the egg and enough cold water to form a biscuit dough.
3. Wrap up and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
5. Roll the dough out to about 1cm thickness on parchment dusted with flour.
6. Using a sharp knife cut around the template that you have made, remove the excess biscuit dough.
7. Slide the parchment and bunny ears onto a baking sheet.
8. Repeat to prepare for the second bunny ears. The excess pastry can be frozen or little biscuits can be made.
9. Bake both the bunny ears for 20 to 22 minutes depending on the thickness /size until lightly golden brown and set.
10. Leave to set on the baking sheet until completely cold.
11. To make the filling, combine all the ingredients into a mixer bowl and whisk until still but you must be able to pipe with it.
12. Spoon the mix into a piping bag with a plain or star nozzle.
1. The biscuit layers must be cold. Place one bunny ears biscuit layer on a board or flat platter.
2. Dust the bunny eggs with Siúcra Icing Sugar.
3. Pipe rosettes on the entire biscuit layer and then place the top biscuit layer on
4. Dust the 2nd biscuit layer with Siúcra Icing Sugar
5. Place this on top and pipe over.
1. Add flowers, mini Easter eggs and mini meringues, Siúcra Roll Out Icing daisies.
2. Serve immediately.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.