Smoked Beef Tartare Recipe from ASADOR
Head Chef at ASADOR, Florin Vasilache, shares his recipe for smoked Beef Tartare with Apple Wood Smoke, Truffle Egg Yolk & Toasted Sourdough
Prepared by Head Chef Florin Vasilache
– 240g ground beef fillet, finely diced
– 1 large shallot, finely diced
– 50g chives, finely sliced
– 1 tbsp dijon mustard
– 4 tbsp egg yolk
– black pepper
– 4 slices of sourdough
– 12 caper berries
– butter (for the bread)
– Smoking gun for smoking
For the Tartare
1. Add the diced beef, shallots, chives, mustard and egg yolk into a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix well and add salt and pepper seasoning to taste.
3. Split the mixture into four equal portions and leave to rest in mason jars.
1. Cut the caper berries into halves.
2. Toast the sourdough and spread it with butter.
3. Take one mason jar with tartare and fill the jar with smoke from the smoking gun. Repeat twice for more taste and added effect.
4. Serve on a board with caper berries and sourdough.
From Cote de Boeuf to Lamb Skewers to flame seared seafood, Asador caters for all tastes, with an exciting Latin influence and an extensive cocktail menu on offer.