Roast Butternut Squash & Carrot Spiced Soup Recipe from Delalicious
In this Soup Recipe I add a little spice as it increases the flavour even more and spices like turmeric, cinnamon and cumin are great to help boost our immune systems.
Soup is one of my favourite things to cook in the kitchen. For me soup is a big comforting hug not only on cold, winter days but any time of the year. By simply roasting vegetables you get a sudden burst in flavour and create a real velvety soup with minimal effort.
Soup also freezes really well and I love to make a big pot, freeze it in batches and then use these for lunchtime in work. Raw vegetables will also work great here too if you don’t want to roast them.
– 2 tsp coconut oil
– 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cubed
– 2 medium carrots, peeled and cubed
– 3 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp turmeric
– 1 medium-sized onion, diced
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 litre hot vegetable stock
– To serve, mixed seeds (linseed, sesame, chia, poppy, hemp, sunflower, pumpkin)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F and melt 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a large roasting tray.
2. Add the cubed squash, carrot and spices and stir together until well coated.
3. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft.
4. Melt one teaspoon of coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic and onion and sauté until the onions are translucent.
5. Add the roasted veg and stock.
6. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Blend until smooth.
8. Serve with some mixed seeds and bread.
Simply divide into batches, allow to cool fully and place in your freezer.
Remove from your freezer and allow to defrost at room temperature.
To reheat: Place in a microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or place in a saucepan and bring to your preferred temperature.
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE FROM DELALICIOUS[/su_note]
After work and the football field, the kitchen is generally where you will find chartered physiotherapist and ladies footballer, Sinéad Delahunty. A passionate lover of all food, she shares her kitchen creations through her food blog – Delalicious. She focuses on inspiring others to fuel their lives through healthy, wholesome and natural food with quick and easy recipes for all. She is currently on a year out from work and football, eating and adventuring her way around the world.
Check out her blog, www.delalicious.com for more recipe inspiration or follow her on social media for more Delalicious delights.
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/delaliciousfood/” background=”#2F52A4″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: facebook-square”]Delalicious[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://twitter.com/sineaddelahunty” background=”#52A7EC” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter”]Delalicious[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://www.instagram.com/sineaddela/” background=”#A78365″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: instagram”]Delalicious[/su_button]