Sweet Potato Noodles Recipe with a Creamy Peanut Satay Sauce by Deliciously Ella
This sweet potato noodles recipe is quite a revelation to me. They’re so much heartier and more filling than courgette noodles, and this satay sauce really brings them to life. It’s so incredibly creamy, with subtle hints of chilli and tangy lime. Together they make for the best pick-me-up dinner, healthy but comforting and bursting with flavour. You will need a spiraliser for this recipe.
– Olive oil
– 1 celery stick, finely chopped
– 5 garlic cloves, crushed
– 2.5cm root ginger, finely grated
– 250g mushrooms, thinly sliced
– 2 small sweet potatoes, about 200g each, peeled and spiralised
– 100g baby spinach
– Pinch of salt
– 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (or almond butter also works)
– 70ml almond milk, plus more if needed
– 1 tsp tamari
– 1 tsp chilli flakes
– Juice of 1 lime
– 1 tsp honey
– A little olive oil, if needed
1. Heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan, then add the celery, garlic, ginger and salt and sauté over a low heat until the celery is softening.
2. Add the mushrooms once the pan has been bubbling for a couple of minutes.
3. After a minute or so more, add the sweet potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Next, make the satay sauce. Simply place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding oil if it helps to process the sauce, then add salt to taste.
5. Once the noodles and mushrooms are tender, add the spinach and the satay sauce. Stir until the spinach has wilted and the sauce is warm. If the sauce feels a little thick, add a splash of water, olive oil or almond milk and stir it in until it reaches your desired consistency.
Slice the ends off the sweet potatoes to create flat surfaces at either end before spiralising, it makes the process so much easier.
Launched in January 2017, the much-anticipated new cookbook from Deliciously Ella, the inspirational bestselling food writer who has taken the cookery world by storm.
Ella makes life simple with her menus – whether you are planning a laid-back brunch, a last-minute lunch or a fancy supper, she has it covered with hearty and filling recipes that celebrate her natural eating philosophy. With ideas and inspiration for every foodie occasion, including cosy nights in for one, easy kitchen suppers, birthday parties, picnics and mocktails and cocktails, this is the go-to book for anyone who wants to make simpler, healthier food choices – that they can enjoy with friends and family.
Deliciously Ella with Friends is available to buy on Amazon.