Mini Apple Tarte Tatin Recipe with Cinnamon Creme From Siúcra
For a delicious belly-warming treat this winter, try Siúcra’s Mini Apple Tarte Tatin recipe served with a dollop of Cinnamon Crème. Tart apples are caramelised using Siúcra’s Golden Granulated Sugar and wrapped in crispy pastry to make this French classic. The individual servings are perfect if you’re hosting a party or afternoon tea over the festive season.
– 200g Siúcra Golden Granulated Sugar
– 60ml water
– 60g butter, cubed
– 4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
– 1 x 375g roll of frozen puff pastry, thawed
For the cinnamon crème
– 220g crème frâiche
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 50g Siúcra Icing Sugar
– ½ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Whisk the Siúcra Golden Granulated Sugar and water in a small saucepan over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Once it has dissolved, stop stirring the mixture and leave it to cook for 10-12 minutes until it is a deep amber colour.
2. Carefully divide the mixture among the cups of a standard 12-cup muffin tin. Divide the butter among the cups.
3. Add a few apple slices to each cup.
4. Roll out the pastry and use a biscuit cutter to stamp out 12 rounds that are slightly larger than each muffin cup.
5. Place the pastry circles over each cup, tucking them around the apples. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the pastry has puffed.
6. Meanwhile, beat all of the ingredients for the cinnamon crème until soft and fluffy. Refrigerate until needed.
7. When the pastries are done, use a spoon or palette knife to turn them out immediately onto serving plates. Serve the tartes warm with the cinnamon crème.