This healthy and delicious Thai Chicken & Veggie Curry is packed with veggies and protein. The anti-inflammatory and liver cleansing properties of the turmeric and ginger will be an SOS for post Christmas livers. This dish tastes even better the next day so you can prep for the week ahead, plus it’s gentle on pockets and will do a couple of nights’ dinners and lunches too.
– 4 chicken fillets
– 1 head cauliflower
– 1 small bag spinach
– 1 can chickpeas
– 2 sweet potatoes
– 1 can low fat coconut milk
– 1 pint of chicken stock/Sadie’s Kitchen Comforting Chicken Bone Broth
– 2 stalks lemon grass
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 2 tbsp fish sauce
– 2 tbsp lime juice
– 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the paste
– 1 white onion
– 2 red chillis
– 2 thumb size pieces of ginger
– 1 bunch of coriander
– 4 cloves of garlic
– 2 tsp coriander seeds
– 2 tsp cumin seeds
– 2 tsp turmeric
– 2 tsp garam masala
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Peel ginger, garlic and onion and place in a blender with the chillies, coriander and melted coconut oil.
2. Blitz until you get all the ingredients combined in a paste.
3. In a warm dry pan add the spices and toast carefully until you can start to smell them.
4. Place the spices in a pestle and mortar or a grinder and mill until the seeds are fine.
5. In your large pan/pot for cooking the curry, heat a little coconut oil, add your paste mix and spices and combine.
6. Add your chopped vegetables (leave spinach until just before serving) and pour in your chicken stock. Stir well and bring to the boil.
7. Reduce to low and add your soy, fish sauce, sugar and lime and very gradually add your coconut milk, stirring to avoid it splitting.
8. Add your diced chicken and allow to gentle cook for 1.5 hours.
9. Add the spinach just before serving.
Serve with brown rice, mango chutney and lashings of minted yoghurt and coriander.
Sadie’s Kitchen is an Irish owned company specialising in 100% natural and nourishing bone broths. Salt, sugar, gluten, dairy, preservative free & Paleo, Sadie’s Kitchen bone broths are a convenient alternative to processed stocks which can also be enjoyed on their own as a comforting and healing hot drink.
Founder Sarah Kiely has created a range of soothing broths that will help to heal and improve your digestive health while banishing colds and flu. Packed full of nutrients and rich in collagen, Sadie’s Kitchen bone broths are good for your whole body, inside and out.