The Great Room Restaurant, Belfast
Possibly the most grandiose dining room on these shores, The Great Room Restaurant is a breathtaking colosseum for culinary excellence. Gilded in gold and red velvet, ornate marble columns suspend a grand cupola which houses Irelands oldest chandelier. There is truly the most magnificent of settings for a meal to remember.
Head Chef John Paul Leake creates masterpieces as sophisticated as their surroundings, with meticulously sourced local ingredients and attention to detail. To fully experience chef’s repertoire a Tasting menu is offered every night alongside an extensive a la carte menu of European inspired, innovative dishes. Afternoon Tea can also be taken in these luxurious surroundings and is surely the most memorable arena for High Tea ultimate indulgence.
From 9 course tasting menus to light business lunching (and everything in between) The Great Room offers a comprehensive selection of menus to suit all tastes and budgets.
Head Chef John Paul Leake’s tasting menu emphasises seasonality of ingredients, with no less than 16 local suppliers providing the produce used. Leake’s menu is grounded in the finest artisan ingredients and is a real taste of Northern Ireland.
The Great Room also offers delicious breakfast and lunch menus, an evening midweek set menu, Sunday lunch menu and of course, the famous Great Room Afternoon Tea. For the ultimate special occasion High Tea, opt for the Krug Afternoon Tea menu, served with great ceremony and sophistication in the most opulent of surroundings. Also on offer are Nut-Free, Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Afternoon Tea menus, meaning every guest is not only catered for, but spoiled for choice.
– Breakfast is served from 7am – 10am Monday to Friday and 7.30am – 10.30am on weekends and Bank Holidays.
– Lunch is served from 12 noon – 2.30pm Monday to Friday.
– Afternoon Tea is served from 12noon – 4.30pm Sunday – Friday, with 2 sittings on Saturdays at 12.30pm and 3pm.
– Set Menu Dinner is served from 5.30pm – 10pm Monday – Thursday and 6pm – 10.30pm Friday.
– A la carte Dinner Menu is served from 6pm – 10pm Monday – Thursday and 6pm – 10.30pm Friday and Saturday.
– The Tasting Menu is served from 6pm – 9pm Monday to Saturday.