“Perfect service and very delicious meals in combination with a unique and atmospheric ambience.” Just one of the glowing visitor comments given to Mulberry Garden, which topped the list of the best fine dining restaurants in Ireland, in the 2016 edition of the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards.
The list based on reviews and opinions collected from users of TripAdvisor, the popular travel website, over the past 12 months includes 4 restaurants from Dublin in the top ten. Along with Mulberry Garden, Chapter One, Sabor Brazil, and Dax Restaurant were highly rated by the public.
Out of the 411 reviews submitted on TripAdvisor, 312 of those rated the Mulberry Garden as ‘excellent’. On the Donnybrook restaurant, TripAdvisor spokesperson, Hayley Coleman said: “For Mulberry Garden to have claimed the number one spot in Ireland when the fine dining scene is so competitive is no easy feat and just proves what a great job the team is doing.”
Dingle’s status as one of the best food towns in Ireland was highlighted, with three restaurants from the Kerry tourist favourite making the top ten. Idás Restaurant, owned by chef Kevin Murphy, nabbed second position with 223 ‘excellent’ reviews out of a total of 285.
In third position is Ross Lewis’ Chapter One, on Dublin’s Parnell Square; the only Michelin starred restaurant to make the list.
Clinching the title of top rated Irish hotel on TripAdvisor for four years in a row, Harvey’s Point in Donegal, was awarded fourth place for it’s 2 AA Rosette restaurant, under the helm of chef Colin McKee.
The full list of the ‘Top 10 Fine Dining Irish Restaurants’ is:
1. Mulberry Garden, Dublin
2. Idás Restaurant, Dingle
3. Chapter One, Dublin
4. The Restaurant at Harvey’s Point, Donegal
5. Sabor Brazil, Dublin
6. The Chart House, Dingle
7. The Global Village, Dingle
8. Dax Restaurant, Dublin
9. An Port Mór, Westport
10Finns’ Table, Kinsale
The ‘Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants Worldwide’ were also listed in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards:
1. Martin Berasategui, Lasarte, Spain
2. Maison Lameloise, Chagny, France
3. L’Auberge de I’lll, Illhaeusern, France
4. Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons, Great Milton, United Kingdom
5. Ristorante Don Alfonso, Sant’Agata sui Due Golfi, Italy
6. Alinea, Chicago, United States
7. Waterside Inn, Bray on Thames, United Kingdom
8. Voila Bistrot, Paraty, Brazil
9. Adam’s, Birmingham, United Kingdom
10. Azurmendi Gastronomico, Larrabetzu, Spain