Turkey Cacao Chilli Recipe with Pumpkin ‘Cheese’ by Peachy Palate
A thick luscious turkey chilli recipe with a deep rich cacao twist! Healthy comfort food at its finest, this dish has all the lovely cuddliness of a meal that took hours to prepare with minimal effort.
– 1 tsp coconut oil melted
– 300g (10oz) lean ground turkey breast mince
– 1/2 cup (100g) passata or tinned tomatoes
– 2 tsp chilli powder
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp smoked paprika
– 1 tsp coriander
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 30g (1oz) 90% dark chocolate, or 100% raw cacao paste
– 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable stock (I used ½ tsp Dr Coys Bouillon)
– 1/2 cup (100g) pumpkin puree
– 1/2 cup (125ml) unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tbsp (32g) cashew butter
– 1 tsp Dijon mustard
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp onion powder
– Pinch of paprika
– 1/4-1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt to taste
– 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
– 2 medium Rooster potatoes (red skinned)
– 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil
– Pink Himalayan Rock Salt and Black Pepper
– 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1. Saute the turkey mince in a skillet with 1 tsp of coconut oil. Remove and set to one side in a bowl.
2. Add the remainder of the chilli ingredients to a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and blend until smooth using a hand blender or pour into a high-speed blender.
3. Return sauce to the pot, add the mince. Leave to simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes; until it’s reached desired consistency. Add the diced roasted red pepper for the last few minutes to heat through.
4. For the pumpkin “cheese” blend together all ingredients in a high-speed blender or using a hand blender.
5. Pour into a pot, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened to desired consistency.
6. For the potato wedges preheat the oven to 200C (400F).
7. Slice potatoes into chunky potato wedges.
8. Toss potatoes in melted coconut oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and sprinkle with paprika.
9. Roast in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes; until crisp, lightly browned on the outside and soft in the middle!
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Fueled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences. Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite sometime. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs. One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie … “Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child. Life, love and food! www.peachypalate.com
[TT-FOURBLOCK ID=”100031, 94001, 81933, 71254″]