White Chocolate Bavarois Recipe by Ashford Castle with wine pairing
This recipe for white chocolate bavarois is from our afternoon tea menu by Executive Head Pastry Chef Paula Stakelum. It’s quite a simple recipe anyone would be able to make at home!
– 345g milk
– 90g pasteurized egg yolk
– 85g caster sugar
– 5 leaves gelatine
– 300g semi-whipped cream
– 300g white chocolate
1. Soak the gelatine in cold water.
2. Place the milk into a saucepan and allow to simmer.
3. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
4. Pour the milk onto the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
5. Place the mixture back into the saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
6. Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine and add to the mixture, whisking to ensure the gelatine is fully incorporated.
7. Pour onto the white chocolate and whisk to combine.
8. Allow to cool to 10°C.
9. When the mixture is cool whisk in the whipped cream.
10. Place into a piping bag and pipe into silicone mould, Tap to remove excess air bubbles.
11. Place into freezer for 3 hours or until completely frozen.
When you require the bavarois remove from moulds and defrost in the fridge for 4 hours. Serve with fresh Raspberries
Our recommended Wine Pairing for this Recipe
This wine has a delightfully expressive nose of orange blossom, mango, and cumquats, with a honeyed undertone and faint aroma of lightly toasted hazelnuts.
The smooth velvety texture glides onto the palate bringing with it the orange blossom, peaches, Chinese lanterns and lightly honeyed mangos.
Although it may sound intensely sweet, the acidity cuts through it, leaving a beautifully balanced dessert/sweet wine that will work well with the light fresh mouse and the sweetness from the white chocolate.
Available from O’Brien’s Wines Nationwide or Online.
Unrivalled service, warm Irish hospitality and five star luxury await at Ashford Castle, part of the Red Carnation Hotel Collection and a member of Leading Hotels of the World. Situated in a spectacular 350 acre estate, discover sumptuous rooms and suites, splendid interiors brimming with antique furniture, fine fabrics and unique features at every turn.
From fine dining to a wealth of activities on the doorstep, a stay at Ashford Castle is perfect for romantic breaks, family escapes and elegant private events.