The long, lazy days of summer bring out the best of Dublin and its finest five-star address, The Merrion and to celebrate the introduction of The Garden Room Picnic, the newest addition to the menu, TheTaste and The Merrion are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a garden room picnic for four people with a bottle of champagne.
The Garden Room Picnic can be enjoyed out on the terrace or in The Garden Room restaurant, a light and airy space which opens on to the garden – becoming part of it.
Served daily from 3pm to 6pm until September, guests can sip on ice-cold house lemonade whilst tucking into The Garden Room Picnic, with menu by Executive Chef Ed Cooney. There will be a delectable selection of summary bites, both savoury and sweet; think Burren Smokehouse salmon blinis with dill crème fraiche and charred green asparagus with whipped feta and Amalfi lemon. For dessert, guests can delight in a traditional English Eton mess or Mississippi mud pie, amongst other tempting treats.
Chilled house lemonade
Burren Smokehouse Salmon on Blinis with Dill Crème Fraiche
Charred Green Asparagus Crostini with whipped Feta cheese and Amalfi Lemon
Devilled Hens Egg with Mayonnaise
Toasted Brioche with Ham and Gruyere cheese
Fruit Tartlets with Lemon Balm
Mississippi Mud Pie
For your chance at winning this fabulous prize simply follow the steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook:
Step 2: Click the link below to complete our competition form
This competition is now closed… The winner is Sarah Dowdall.. Congratulations!
– Share on social media to be in with a chance to win
– Closing date for entries is midnight July 15th 2018
– Overall winner will be announced on July 16th 2018
– Prize includes a Garden Room Picnic for Four People with a bottle of champagne
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters ezines
– Subject to availability
– Prize is non-transferable
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.