Win a Hamper of RubyBlue Vodka and Liqueurs – CLOSED
Most vodka is made from grain, but potatoes give it a smoother, creamier flavour. RubyBlue vodka is a multi-award-winner. Made at the Hughes Distillery in Lisburn, Co. Antrim, it has won Silver and Gold prizes at the New York World Wine and Spirits and the Global Vodka Masters awards.
Its creators, Stuart and Barbara Hughes, wanted to produce a drink that matches gin in sophistication and depth of flavour. It is ultra-smooth, with an appealing nose. It is buttery, well-rounded with a heartening earthiness and a long, clean finish. It is perfect neat but it also makes a great base for cocktails.
“We found that when people taste our potato vodka they tell us that it doesn’t have the harshness of other brands. When they drink it the way we suggest with a sprig of thyme, a slice of green apple and a dash of white lemonade, they’re converted” says Barbara Hughes.
Widely available across Northern Ireland and sold internationally in Russia, Australia and Finland, RubyBlue Potato Vodka is now being sold in most SuperValu stores across the Republic of Ireland for €37.
Their Cask Aged Premium Vodka is beautifully mellowed, delicately flavoured and coloured by resting in Irish Whiskey Casks before being blended with Antrim Hills artisanal water. It appeals to both whiskey and vodka drinkers.
Hughes Distillery also produces a range of award-winning fresh fruit liqueurs in Chilli Pepper, Wild Blueberry, Cranberry and Blackcurrant flavours. Made from carefully selected berries, fruits and botanicals from the countryside, they lock the purity of nature into their unique infusions and exceptionally smooth vodka. They can be enjoyed on their own with crushed ice, over ice-cream or with Prosecco. They retail at €19.99 in SuperValu.
To win a RubyBlue hamper containing a bottle of each variety simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook:
Step 2: Enter your details below
This competition is now closed. The winner is Deirdre Sullivan. Congratulations!
Terms and Conditions
– Share on social media to be in with a chance to win
– Closing date for entries is midnight 26th August 2016
– Overall winner(s) will be announced at 10pm 27th August 2016
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters (Ruby Blue Vodka) ezines
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.