Win a Side of Organic Irish Smoked Salmon from the Burren Smokehouse – CLOSED
The Burren is undeniably having a food moment having just been named RAI Foodie Town of 2015. The accolade recognises a community effort by local businesses and groups to promote the area as a top culinary destination.
One of the Burren’s stand out producers is the Burren Smokehouse, a family-run business that was set up in 1989 by Birgitta & Peter Curtin. The company carefully sources its products and they exclusively smoke salmon from Ireland as it is of the highest standard, which gives you a distinctive quality and flavour.
The Burren Smokehouse don’t just produce salmon, they smoke a full range of products at their facility in Lisdoonvarna including trout, mackerel and cheese. The range has won several awards and their salmon was selected to be served to Queen Elizabeth when she visited Ireland in May 2011.
Their organic salmon comes from the turbulent waters of the west coast of Ireland and is some of the healthiest produce you can eat as it is naturally low in fat and salt, but packed full of Omega-3 fatty acids.
They use two methods of smoking in the Burren Smokehouse. Cold Smoking is the traditional Irish way of smoking salmon. The temperature never rises above 35°C which means leaves you with an easily sliced product with a very smooth texture. Hot Smoking is the Scandinavian method and temperatures can rise as high as 80°C during the process, leaving you with a drier, flakier texture similar to grilled salmon.
They are strongly involved in sustainability and the environmental effect of production and are part of the Burren Ecotourism Network, EcoTourism Ireland, The Burren & Cliffs of Moher Geopark, Good Food Ireland and Slow Food.
They currently employ a staff of 18 and ship their Irish Organic Salmon to countries all over the world. In August the Burren Smokehouse paired up with global logistics company UPS to deal with the demand on their mail order system. The partnership will ensure their products sold online can be efficiently delivered to their customers all over the world and is part of an investment in operations that reflects the growing success of the company.
Burren Smokehouse products are now stocked in over 100 locations across Ireland and Europe. They are now exclusively featured in Dean & Deluca stores in New York City and in Fortnum & Mason, Harrods and Selfridges in London.
This growth in international recognition recently inspired another investment in the company brand and The Burren Smokehouse have just launched a new website and brand inspired by the Wild Atlantic Way. The new brand reflects the quality of the produce and the streamlined website gives you access to the entire range of gorgeous products.
To celebrate their new branding and the expansion of their mail order services the Burren Smokehouse are giving us THREE sides of their delicious Cold Smoked Irish Organic Salmon.
The prize includes a 1kg sliced side of Organic Irish Smoked Salmon shipped anywhere in Ireland so you can keep it for yourself or give it as a gift.
For your chance to win simply follow these steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook
Step 2: Enter your details below
Terms and Conditions
– The side(s) of salmon will be shipped to any person at any address inside of the Republic of Ireland nominated by the competition winner(s)
– Share on Facebook and/or Twitter and submit form to enter
– Closing date for entries is midnight 29th November 2015
– Overall winner(s) will be announced on a weekly basis before 10pm on 30th November 2015
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters (Burren Smokehouse) ezines
– Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid
THE WINNERS ARE : Julianne Stack, Emer Breen and Derry Walsh