Win a Wine Lovers Dream Weekend at Sheen Falls Lodge: 2 Night Escape with a Wine Tasting, Breakfast and Dinner – CLOSED
Ever wanted to learn about wine but not quite sure where to start? Look no further than the luxurious surroundings of Sheen Falls Lodge in Kenmare – one of Ireland’s leading 5 star properties where wine is big news for 2018!
The Wine Cellar at Sheen Falls Lodge is a haven for wine enthusiasts boasting over 10,000 bottles, with 800 wine varieties from 18 countries around the world. The atmospheric underground space, which can also be used for private dining, lies in the former kitchen of the original Lodge, guaranteeing the perfect temperature and humidity balance to preserve the hotel’s unique collection.
This year the hotel hosts a new Wine Academy Series across 3 weekends – each focusing on a different theme and a chance for budding connoisseurs to explore the fascinating world of wines with the Sheen Falls Lodge team of food & beverage experts.
Following on from February’s inaugural Wine Academy exploring “The Perfect Pick: how to choose the right bottle”, guests are in for a special treat on May 18th & 19th as you discover the “Geography of Wine: Grapes & Terriors”.
Learn the ‘how’ and ‘what’ of wine tastings; understanding your personal taste; the various types of grapes and their individual characteristics; how to comprehend wine vocabulary and exploring the world of ports and dessert wines.
The Wine Academy series will conclude in style with the final event – “Toasting & Hosting with Wine” on November 2nd & 3rd.
Priced from just €599 based on 2 people sharing for 2 nights, including wine tastings, a wine pairing dinner and breakfast each morning, this is the perfect way to discover your own individual tastes and interests. One lucky reader has the chance to attend the upcoming Wine Academy on May 18th & 19th .
TheTaste and Sheen Falls Lodge are giving one lucky reader the chance to win a wine lovers dream escape at the luxurious 5 star hotel.
– Luxury 2 night stay for two
– Welcome drinks reception on the Friday evening
– A visit to Vanilla Grape Wine Shop in Kenmare for tastings and expert tips
– Pre-dinner drinks reception on Saturday evening followed by a private dinner in the Wine Cellar, compete with accompanying wine pairings
– Breakfast each morning
For your chance at winning this fabulous overnight simply follow the steps:
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook:
Step 2: Enter your details below
This competition is now closed… The winner is Claire-Louise Johnson! Congratulations!
– Share on social media to be in with a chance to win
– Closing date for entries is midnight May 2nd
– Overall winner will be announced on May 3rd
– Prize includes an 2 night stay for two with a wine pairing, dinner and breakfast
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition promoters (Sheen Falls) ezines
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age.
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary.
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste.
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions.
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.