Win the Ultimate Athlone Taste Experience – Overnight in the Sheraton Hotel, Dinner in Thyme, Lunch in The Fatted Calf, a Guided Whiskey Tour and Craft Beer Tasting in Dead Centre Brewing
We’ve teamed up with Destination Athlone to give one lucky reader a very tasty prize indeed. Stay over at the Sheraton Athlone Hotel while you eat and drink your way around this gorgeous medieval town. Includes vouchers from award winning restaurants, a guided whiskey tour (for two), and craft beer tasting with pizza (for two).
The Ultimate Athlone Taste Experience Prize:
- Overnight in the Sheraton Athlone Hotel
- €100 dinner voucher (Thyme)
- €50 lunch voucher (The Fatted Calf),
- Guided Whiskey Tour
- Craft Beer Tasting (Dead Centre Brewing)
Located in Athlone’s lively town centre, the 4-star Sheraton Athlone Hotel is close to the best local restaurants, shopping and attractions such as the 13th century Athlone Castle. Guests can look forward to spacious rooms, a 20-metre pool, luxury spa, complimentary high-speed WiFi and free parking. One night’s midweek bed and breakfast is part of this prize.
Award winning Thyme Restaurant proudly boasts a Michelin Bib Gourmand and with a seasonally inspired menu showcasing the very best of local produce. It’s situated in Athlone’s historic heart. John and Tara Coffey’s atmospheric eatery has accumulated quite a trophy cabinet over the years and it’s easy to see why. A €100 dinner voucher is part of this prize.
There’s a treat in store for whiskey lovers or anyone who’d like to find out more about the amber liquid. Discover over 270 years of whiskey heritage coupled with a splash of whiskey and a dash of humour along the way on the Athlone Whiskey Walking Tour with Deirdre Keon. You’ll sip your way through the history of distilling in Athlone, while enjoying a leisurely stroll around Athlone’s historical sites. Participants will sample three local whiskeys, two of which come with delicious local handcrafted chocolate pairings. A whiskey walking tour for two is part of this prize.
The Fatted Calf Restaurant on Church Street, Athlone focuses on modern Irish food, expertly executed by head chef Julian Pedraza. It’s a multi-award-winning restaurant with a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. A €50 lunch voucher is part of this prize.
The aptly named Dead Centre Brewing is the most central craft brewery in Ireland and happens to serve a mean handmade pizza too. Liam Tutty’s lovely copper clad brewery is located on the banks of the River Shannon in the centre of Athlone town. The brewpub is casual, laid back and chilled, just like the beers themselves. The pizzas are entirely made in house with fresh dough, proved for 48 hours before being hand-stretched and topped with the best of Italian and local produce. The brewery tour is fun, interactive and informative. You’ll learn about ingredients, brewing, fermentation, packaging and wrap it all up with a craft beer tasting. A brewery tour and pizza for two is part of this prize.
The value of this prize is over €200. Vouchers will be posted out to the winner. Booking is the responsibility of the winner.
How to Enter this Competition
To be in with a chance of winning this tasty set of experiences in Athlone, follow the steps below…
Step 1: Share this competition on Twitter or Facebook using the share buttons at the top or bottom of this page
Step 2: Follow Athlone.ie on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
Step 3: Fill in the competition form below:
Terms and Conditions
– Closing date for entries is midnight September 20th 2020
– Overall winner will be announced at September 21st 2020
– Upon submitting their entry the entrant acknowledges that their details will be used for TheTaste ezine updates and the competition
– Entrant must be over 18 years of age
– Must share on social media
– Entry to the competition is free. No purchase is necessary
– The promoter is excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize
– By entering this competition you are agreeing that any submissions made become the property of TheTaste
– The promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions
– These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts
– Employees or agents of the TheTaste, any associated group companies, prize sponsor and or agencies associated with this competition and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid